View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #260
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCRider View Post
Those Frenchies are everywhere, isn't it!!! (Just kidding - I'm also from QC originally). Too bad you had to blast thru CR. I've been catching up with your RR over the past few days, and was hoping to have a chance to meet you while passing here. I could even have rode with you to the PTY border to help a bit. I've done it several times now, even to help a few friends to cross. Any reason is a good reason for a ride!

Last time I was there, I spent 2 full days to help a buddy who was importing his bike from PTY to CR, thanks to the Central America Bureaucracy! At the end, he had to leave his 2012 GSA there and get it back after all the paperwork was done 2 weeks later. I don't know if it gets better in SA as far as border crossings, but for CA, based on personal experience, I came up with this rule or thumb: Plan for 6hrs / Anticipate 4 hrs / Hope for 2 hrs.

Enjoy the rest of your trip in SA, and pls keep posting whenever possible. Your RR is top quality!

PS: I sent a few pesos over to Justin to help. Hope he's doing fine.
Damn! Thanks man! I wish I would have slowed down a little and met up! I made it to Panama City today and now I've got two days to cool my heels waiting for the boat. I didn't think I would make it quite this fast. Thanks for the compliments! And way to go representing the quebecois! I wish I could read french so I could have read that family's sight.

I think you are right on the border crossings. I've had everything from 6hrs to 1hr so far.
Ulyses is offline   Reply With Quote