View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:54 AM   #16480
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
Two great viewpoints. And I suppose it depends on how YOU want to LOOK.
You are gonna look tired everytime after a weekend (or more) of living the 'adv life' on a Scrambler. You pay to look so Steve McQueen cool. But you do look cool.

The Triumph XC, a beemer or a KTM will take you farther back in, quicker, easier, more comfortable all while carrying more gear.
And really you will look more like a true adventurer than trying to pull it off on your Scrambler.
But sure you can do it. Some say what a breeze it is. I did for a while.
If you do, relax! Take your time and tell your buddies to wait at the Y's in the road.
Try to remember to stand on the bump you hit, and then bottom out, which will jamb your spine up to your ears... Ask me how I know.
I have gone to motel style travel (or staying at friends) on my Scrambler. Using a tank & light tail bag. I keep it to fire roads or logging roads and twisties!
Its much better at that.

With that said I have been to some cool places on the Scrambler.
Its a decent bike to relax and enjoy a good ride - a modern classic. And easy to dress up in your style.
But if you like it, just go for it!

Sorry for the same old pictures...

Well concluded
I have today a Scrambler and a Explorer. I have done about 50 000 km on the classic series, halv off them on a Thruxton and the rest on the Scrambler. Between this two the Scrambler is more fun in my opinion. The Explorer
is not the Cool Mcqueen biker choice but it will open for longer distance than the Scrambler. The next season will
be a test of bike and man down to the alps and up the eastern Europa, before a planned Africa trip in 2014.

The Scrambler smash the Explorer or XC when it comes to good looking. It is just how a motorcycle should look in my eyes, but I am getting to old to get beat up on my next 50000 km :-) I will not use the Scramb on longer trips due to that and agree with Max that it deserve a small bag and twisty roads.

Here is a pic from last summer, today the temp outside is -13 celsius and no riding for a while .

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote