Thread: reman engines
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #18
1greenmachine OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Did you save any of the shiny metal parts and look at them under a microscope? Did you check them with a magnet even? Do you know if anyone ever added oil to this engine and had the foil seal fall into the motor, and you are finding the ground up bits now? As mentioned, have you even put an oil pressure gauge on it and seen what the pressures are?

If you have not even bothered to see what the oil pressure is how can you decide that a car that isn't even yours needs a new engine? Also, if you have rebuilt engines before I am curious as to why you think it needs a new one instead of replacing the oil pump and inspecting the crank journals?

I suspect you need to focus more on the relationship with your girlfriend and less on her car.
lol i deserve that and well i jumped the boat, mainly i was looking for advice, the old oil filter i'm takeing to work with me, and i'm bringing pressure guages home with me, She got the car used with 70k, and in the last year its been treated very well with timely oil changes versus before me so who knows. ialso am bringing in the drain pan to look at the stuff..

My main reason for not tearing it down is a 26* unheated garge, so i truthfully dont want to tear it down in here, and at 120k if its apart than it would be smart to replace alot of the wear stuff that might add up to being close to what a long block costs. I looked at the cams and they were good, looked down the timing side and didn't see anything either.
1greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote