View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #1971
rtwdoug OP
prominent underachiever

Oddometer: 3,621
so now that I'm back in the US, & did the cannonball run, my garage has been relocated to a nicer & warmer area.
The garage itself is smaller, altho with other rooms & outbuildings, its probably got more area.

I got this 95 Ducati from another ADV inmate, its an SP model, #379. I didnt know it was anything special, I just wanted a new toy.
Of course it wasnt running, as they are cheaper like that. It was also partially apart. He tried to charge me more, since he thought he had done 1/2 the work, by taking it apart

So I finally got some room freed up, & decided to see if it would run.
Trying to figure out what bolts & parts went where wasnt real easy, but I fingered it out ok. I finally got it to run with a gas bottle, so then I stuck the tank on, but it wouldnt run.
Turns out the fuel pump & filter were stopped up from bad gas.
I didnt know it had a pump, as its got carbs, not efi.

I had recently bought an ultrasonic cleaner for stopped up carbs, and for the hell of it, I put the fuel pump in there, & ran it thru a couple cycles. Damn thing started working again!
I dunno why I went so long without one of these handy doodads!

Runs great now, and it sure is fun to ride!
And just because I know that you guys think that all I do is tear stuff up & ruin it, heres a pic of it. Now I'm not promisin I wont tear it up & do something weird with it later......
(I think chrome upswept fishtail pipes would REALLY set it off!)

Now that the duc quacks like it should, heres my new dirtster project I picked up a year ago, & havent had time to fool with since.
First thing, remove all the crap that it doesnt need.....

www.motosapiens.org
My bike hotel in Bulgaria. ADVriders get 1st beer free!

rtwdoug is offline   Reply With Quote