View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth650 View Post
This is opposite of what I've read about street bikes going into turns on asphalt; that weight gets shiftted to the peg away from the bike lean. e.g. shift weight to left peg while bike is leaning right and turning right - would this cause a wash-out on dirt?
It's not that straight forward in the dirt, but my basic advice was towards a noob learning how to make a bike move in the direction you want it to...in the dirt...weaving side to side in a debris strewn/multiple obstacles/multiple line dirt trail...standing up...in like 2nd or 3rd gear at best.

Weight on the outside peg (or lack of commitment to weight the inside peg...which seems more correct to me) usually results in Climbing out of the "trail" and going wide or "crashing"

This is a completely different set of human inputs used to sit/stick a leg out/apply weight to rear tire/railing a nice berm dirt corner...and especially different from being on a bike while railing around paved corners and hanging off the inside
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote