View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
bandito2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
All of the current design work was done on a Ninja250 because used bikes are so plentiful and cheap. Only afterwards did Vetter fit these final parts onto his scooter. Read all about at the link. He has basically written a book, documenting the entire process at craigvetter.com.
Just so we'll have the proper chronology on the "Last Vetter Fairing" , start reading about it here:
http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/470...20Fairing.html

Actually, of the 61 chapters so far, (as of December 1, 2012) Alan Smith (owner of the Ninja) wasn't even mentioned until
chapter 39. And at that time he was using a Honda CRF230. The Ninja project, designated as "Streamlining a Ninja" which
is the application of "Kit #1" doesn't begin until chapter 44. So the bulk of the design work was done first around the Honda
Helix then was later applied to the Ninja, not the other way around. And for the last few chapters, the "design" work was
being done on both the Helix and the Ninja concurrently.

Just curious, but does anybody else have it seriously mind to do this to their bike? (scooter or motorcycle)
Myself, I can't wait.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

bandito2 screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 04:43 PM
bandito2 is online now   Reply With Quote