View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #35
390beretta
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,078
Damn Pantah, you seem a bit porky tonight! I use both brakes almost always, because as someone else said "It seems to stabalize the braking experience considerably. (except in parking lots and at very low speeds) And I want/need maximum braking when I want/need it. What part of this don't you all get? Luckily, I don't want/need max. braking often (perhaps due to the way I ride) however, when I want/need it.......I want/need it!

There are rear brakes for a reason. Anyone who doesn't use/know how to use them is adding risk to their ride. My mantra has always been "If you need max. braking, you're probably doing something wrong....or your road skills need improving". Granted, I now ride city asphalt most of the time (other than a 200+ mile highway trip to Sedona AZ a couple days ago) and I find that accurately predicting cagers actions, riding defensively, saves a lot of brake pads.

I practiced (max. braking techniques less than two weeks ago, on a lonely stretch of two lane. Had the front tire whining and the rear damn near locked up, but not quite.) How many of you have done that recently? Not a put down, just askin'
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote