View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #20
TinCrow OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
I made it out of Texas as the weather became colder. It was a light rain through Texas, and then some heavier rain, thunder storms and lightning through Louisiana. I headed to Jackson for the night.
I rode North on The Natchez Trace the next day, The skies cleared up but the temps dropped. It was nice to get off the interstate. I finished the day in Tupelo, Mississippi. Birthplace of Elvis Presley.

From Tupelo I wandered South East on different junctions and back roads through Alabama. I got a bit lost, but ended up in Tuscaloosa. There were some really fun roads. I didnt have a map and my GPS is pretty much useless right now. so i was stopping at gas or general stores along the way for directions. I ended up heading to Atlanta via the interstate to finish off the eve. It is cold out there tonight, but ive got a warm house thanks to David, and I am in Georgia! Feels good to be so far from home. Im thinking Savanna tomorrow? The weather is looking grim. If any body has route recommendations from Savanna to Ft Lauder dale, or places of interest, let me know.

Reflections in a cypress swamp. Mississippi

A brief rest on Elvis's front porch. Tupelo, Mississippi
TinCrow is offline   Reply With Quote