View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 04:36 AM   #1325
BDG
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD4ME View Post
Speaking of tyres, I had an Pirelli MT21 on the front my Xchallenge which worked quite well. There is a group of hard core airhead GS riders here is South East Queensland that use them front and rear and swear by them. I wouldn`t have one on the rear if I wanted long wear, but the front seems to wear OK. Anyone tried here tried them?
Brilliant report, like many others I'm lurking every day for updates. Love Rod's tongue in cheek comments about the Russian sauna. Also as a fellow 690 owner curious as to what the problem is.

Re MT21's I use MT21 front and Dunlop D908RR on the rear for trips to Morocco on my XR650R and find the combination great, though back home in British mud the MT21 obviously isn't as good as a knobbly but sure as hell better than a TKC80.

Walter made some very pertinent comments about adventure bike suspension earlier. Got to agree the standard suspension on the 690 is not great and certainly not a patch on my XR650R, though of course that started out as an enduro bike (with no cush drive or electric starter) which has been modded for adventure riding. I like Walters idea of transforming a 570 Berg.

The jury is still out as to which is the best bike for me, the old but very reliable XR or the 690. It's good to have the choice.

Keep it coming, I'm loving it.

I'm a very efficient idiot.
BDG is offline   Reply With Quote