View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #71939
phreakingeek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 283
on my 2nd DR

After taking a rock to the case a month ago and having the DR totaled, I was on the fence about what to do for a replacement bike. (you can see it happen at minute 2:10 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13cR80h-QNo&feature=plcp the rock i hit was sticking up a few inches out of the dirt and was less than a foot long and kind of pointed. Just bad luck that i hit it and it punched the oil drain up into the case and also caused the rear clamp on the skid plate to knock a hole in the back. The insurance company was going to fix the engine, but the bent frame tube was enough to push the repair cost over 85% of the bikes value.)

I had visions of a KTM 690 Enduro R...or possibly an XR560. I was looking for the holy grail of dirt/road. I weighed all the options and came back to the trusty DR.

I love the versitility and reliability of the DR. My riding buddy Mark is on his 3rd DR...went looking for the better bike and keeps coming back to the DR as well. Now that we're older and slightly wiser...our focus has changed from looking for the max performance to looking for max reliability and comfort. With a few mods, the DR is the only bike that seems to fit. Our motto is 'riding, not wrenching'

Quote:
Originally Posted by procycle View Post
+1 The WR250R is a pretty amazing little bike but like Grifter says nothing is going to be decent on trails and commuting and still be acceptable for hauling a passenger (except a DR650)

You might as well start shopping for your new DR now. You wouldn't be the first one around here to sell their DR only to get another one a year or so later.
phreakingeek is offline   Reply With Quote