View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #211
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,489
My ride report was focused on the ADV audience. However I drafted the RR for my personal satisfaction. I tried to make my report the way I like to read reports. If you want to write a report for the ADV inmates, then use logic on what is popular and well received. But me thinks politics is a delicate subject. As Micheal Jordan responded when asked if he was a democrat or a republican. His response they both buy my tennis shoes. So you may exclude 50% of your readers by expressing political opinions.

This posting made it worth while.

Quote:
Iron Horse I Make Shit Up

Oddometer: 7,923

I'm not sure why you don't consider yourself an adventure rider. Whatever that is.

I skip over so many perfect pictures of far off lands, eloquent word smithing worthy of the name prose, and examples of planning and organization to move armies, in order to find nuggets like this.

Thank you for taking me on your journey of the heart and a man's soul.

More please.

Don't give in so easily.

Quote:
GSF1200S
Gnarly Adventurer
Oddometer: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6253
GSF1200S,

You are always welcome to post any type of motorcycle ride report you want. Keep in mind this thread was started to explore and discuss what works to make reports better. It is my studied opinion that most of the time wordy, blog-like reports don't go over very well. Especially when the subject matter departs motorcycling and delves into politics, opinions, philisophy, ideology... However; there are some great writers here that can fill pages of captivating tales. I've been turned off by many reports with to much long-winded deep thoughts or opinions opposed to my own. While I would just tune out and ignore the report, many internet users aren't so kind. Be prepared for the flames.

I see. In that case, I guess ill keep my opinions and ideas to myself. Maybe ill maintain a blog separately and stick only to motorcycles, humor, pictures, and the like. I appreciate everyones advice
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote