View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #448
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,161
Laugh

I finally got the Baja Designs SII LED Combo Lights wired up, needless to say it's just what the doctor ordered and am VERY happy with their output. Should be perfect for night time traveling, was on pavement tonight and think the BD LED's are too much when there's any traffic around. Ridiculously bright, the two make the exact same output as a BD Squadron with Combo lenses + my HID. Being a pretty focused/flat beam, the HID does have a bit of an advantage in long throw illumination when tipped up, the LED combo lenses fill in the rest perfectly.
I will probably black out the top of my fender to reduce the glare off the white plastic that is more obvious when standing, that reflection was there before from the HID, but with the LED's it's a necessity. Black Gaffers tape should do the trick.
The lenses are totally round and the pattern is circular, doesn't make a difference I have them mounted sideways.

Here's a few comparison photos shot on full manual with my camera to control the exposure, what you see is what it is.

The closest thing I have to the stock Husaberg headlight, a stock headlight on a CRF250L which might be a tad bit brighter than the OEM Husa/KTM headlight, but not much if I remember correctly, low beam.

CFR250L high beam

Husaberg HID headlight only.

Both Baja Designs SII LED Combo Lights only

HID and Baja Design lights

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 12-12-2012 at 07:07 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote