View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #105
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
Well, I just posted a question re: K bikes, then of course, found this thread I currently ride an '88 K75 and just yesterday looked at a '93 with only 4500 miles. The obvious fuel tank/fuel line/injector problems have been dealt with, but still.....he's asking $4850 for it, but must admit. It is "showroom". Any thoughts?
Unlike many sellers....he describes it well. Others may like the whole story:

"An almost virgin twenty-year-old red-head that you could keep on the side, and your wife wouldn't mind too much! I am offering for sale a 1993 Mystic Red BMW K75S with ABS, and matching BMW logo-ed Side Cases, with under 4,500 miles. Yeah! 4,500 miles!!! As Beemers don't really get broken in until they have about twenty thousand on them, this bike is virtually new. In my opinion, the K75 was the finest motorcycle that BMW ever made. It is quiet and smooth, gets about fifty miles per gallon, and is a pleasure to ride.
A few months ago, I found this beautiful K75S, which needed a bit of attention. It was originally owned by a Las Vegas anesthesiologist who rode it for a bit, then tucked it in the corner of his garage...for almost twenty years. The fuel had turned to goo. The tank was cleaned out, the fuel pump and fuel lines replaced, and the entire fuel system cleaned. New Metzler tires were installed, along with a new battery. I touched up the few chips that were on the bodywork with Mystic Red touch-up paint, and gave the bike a good cleaning. It now looks and runs like it was when new. The instruments all work as new, and even the starter button/kill switch is a bright red and green as when new, and not faded from the sunlight.
I already have two other K75's, one in Arizona and one in Wisconsin, but to find one with such low mileage, I had to have it. I figured that if I didn't like it, I could turn it and make a few bucks. As much as I love the K75, the S configuration does not work very well with my aged body. I prefer to sit vertically, and have a large windscreen that keeps the crud out of my eyes, and wind off my hands. I thought about swapping out all of the S parts for an RT configuration, but the K75R that I have here in Arizona has all of that, with only 33,000 miles on it, so this beautiful K75S is now up for sale.
The side cases are in very good condition, but I removed them because there is just enough room in my garage to park a motorcycle and a Honda Helix scooter side by side.
If you are interested, please send your contact information, and I will send a bunch of pictures showing its outstanding condition. I believe the pictures speak for themselves, and if you have any questions, please call me at ......"