View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #55
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,431
I think you're right on pricing. A lot of used bikes at dealerships are on consignment, and the dealer has nothing tied up in the bike other than floor space and they let the owner of the bike set the asking price. I would think that any VFR1200 priced much north of $10k has been sitting around for awhile, so it never hurts to do your homework and make a fair offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded View Post
If you ever have any real interest in that VFR, you'd be surprised....the dealer hasn't taken my bike off the website yet, where it's still listed for $12,900. At the time I finally rode it, the showroom sticker was marked down to $11,900. Honestly made the offer based on some private-party bikes on Cycletrader listed at around 9 grand, figuring they would counter. They just took the offer. In my neck of the woods, if it's not a cruiser (or an ATV), it doesn't sell. This thing sat on their floor for months, and with winter's approach (and the fact nobody bought these in the first place) made them pretty wiling...

There are really some great deals to be had every once in awhile, I found out, by not sharing opinions on motorcycles with the general public.
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote