View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #24
biensur22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
first long ride will be going to the Death Valley rally, about 300 miles from my house.
that's ambitious! I don't even plan on riding my 640 up to DV from san diego.

That said, since you know you can only get one boot and want the best mix of protection and comfort, why don't you have cycle gear order you both the crossfires and the gaernes sg10. at least i'd go with the 10s based on your price range - and see which one you like better? I did that when i bought my gaerne balance oiled boots, just returned the pair i didn't want. They were thrilled to have the business and I was thrilled i didn't have to deal with shipping costs and such. also may want to ask you local shops if they'd be willing to do the same.

Thing is, I know that i have a gaerne foot, alpine stars don't fit in the slightest, and even sidis aren't wide enough for me. But just about every gaerne i've tried on has fit like a glove. Different companies build their boots around different molds (lasts) and the gaerne last just fits me better.

biensur22 screwed with this post 12-13-2012 at 11:22 AM Reason: correc the excessive use of parentheticals
biensur22 is offline   Reply With Quote