View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #26
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by biensur22 View Post
that's ambitious! I don't even plan on riding my 640 up to DV from san diego.

That said, since you know you can only get one boot and want the best mix of protection and comfort, why don't you have cycle gear order you both the crossfires and the gaernes sg10. at least i'd go with the 10s based on your price range - and see which one you like better? I did that when i bought my gaerne balance oiled boots, just returned the pair i didn't want. They were thrilled to have the business and I was thrilled i didn't have to deal with shipping costs and such. also may want to ask you local shops if they'd be willing to do the same.

Thing is, I know that i have a gaerne foot, alpine stars don't fit in the slightest, and even sidis aren't wide enough for me. But just about every gaerne i've tried on has fit like a glove. Different companies build their boots around different molds (lasts) and the gaerne last just fits me better.
My local shop will order in both for me - I'm just trying to crack open the wallet! I'd also like to look at the Discoverys - see if they can get a pair of those in too. What's a pain is that you have to pay and then if it doesn't work out they do a return....I need to see if cycle gear will order them in without the prepay. That's a lot of cash! Have to do 1 at a time.

I did a 4200 mile trip on my rebel 250 this summer and had a great time, but pales in comparison to the kid who rode from Thousand Oaks, CA to New York on a 80 cc scooter.....his ride is posted somewhere on the site.

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote