View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #29
Little Bike OP
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingvin View Post
+1 on SIDI crossfire (TA, not SRS), doesn't feel like ski boots because of the flexible ancle joint. And only used them a few times so guess will be even better. On some of the others hinged boots like Forma and Gaerne, the tip culs up while crossfire is almost straight, this together with low toe box (no inner sock) makes getting under gear lever easier.

Guess to some extent a trade off between comfort/walking and safety. I don't walk anything in these boots just want better feel, especially for gear shifting, this has been a major issue for me on other mx boots.

I realize price is an issue...but I would not save on boots, good boots is an investement in all respects and could make the difference. That new kitchen can wait
After reading everybody's responses I realize that what I really want is something I can ride slab and dirt in and the boots will be comfortable for long slab rides. Not worried about walking around any more.

I'm home sick today - thank goodness for forum! and all of the great advice for a noob!

V-Strom 650 Adventure "Maxwell"
DR-Z400s "Little Donkey2"
Little Bike is offline   Reply With Quote