View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #398
Tinker1980
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 544
After reading all of this, I'm thinking I am very fortunate. I once rode my grimy KLR to K&N bike shop in Tulsa with both new tires around my waist, and they changed them, on the bike, for $75. No grief about ordering tires online vs. buying them there, they knew they didn't have them. It wasn't even a Kawi dealer. Another shop (Ron's Cycle) over on the "bad" side of town is basically a motorcycle salvage, but they order stuff and have it there in days, not weeks, once gave me a discount on a helmet because they didn't have my size, and when I brought in a pair of fork tubes that I suspected were bent, they went to straighten them and turned out one was perfectly straight, the other was very, very close. The mechanic there told me "Those are so close, I'm not even going to charge you."

The dealer I bought my KLR from was thrilled just to sell me a bike. I looked at an 883 sportster, a VFR 800, and a 750 Shadow, all around $4,000, and at the last minute asked "Do you have any dual-sports?" And they happily led me over to the blue KLR that sits in my garage now, even though it was several hundred dollars cheaper than the others I was looking at.
Tinker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote