Thread: Vans!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #5754
JN3n
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
I tried to hold out for a 2014 fullsize Ford Transit but could not wait until the third quarter of 2013. Thought about buying a Nissan NV 200 as a small work van and it would be big enough for one race bike. But NO !! Nissan pushed back production until late first quarter or early second quarter of 2013 .

I went down to Mercedes and got a Sprinter 144" short roof today ! I got tired of waiting for the big three ( Ford/GM/Dodge) to make a euro style van for the US market and then having to wait a year or more to get one !
I walked into the dealer and the Sprinter sales guy wasn't a dick ! Then he introduces me to the GM who is a KTM rider , not bad ... We go back to service and the lead service tech has his BMW Single parked in the back of the Sprinter bay... Then we go to the service manager and he rides a BMW 800 Adventure .
So we go in to make the deal and the sales guy says makes me a sweet deal on the van . It was like " Pinch Me" , I must be dreaming.... The paperwork was painless , no bullshit upsale from anyone and I had errands to run and will go back this afternoon and pick up my new van . Load it up in the morning and go racing this weekend .

I have been dreading buying a new van and I was prepared for alot of bullshit car dealer crap , but they made me feel at home and when I left the dealer I felt like I wasn't raped and begging for a new van so I could just leave ! What a concept ! Customer Service !!

JN3n screwed with this post 12-13-2012 at 03:59 PM Reason: Spelling
JN3n is offline   Reply With Quote