View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #1422
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colebatch View Post
Totally agree ... Big difference.

GregMo : Russian vodka is brutal ... it makes you wince when you slam it down. Even the super expensive top of the line Russian stuff.

Polish vodka is smooth as silk. A mid tier Polish vodka trumps a top tier Russian vodka any day. You slam one down and you wait for your throat to jump out and slap you in the face (as it does with Russian vodka) but it doesnt.

Try a Zubrowka bison grass vodka from Poland.... chill it in the freezer, and take a shot. Its as good as vodka gets
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMuck View Post
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...026203578.html

Excerpts:
Now, after nearly a decade of work on two continents to formulate and brand a legal version of the alcohol, its producers are taking a shot at the American market.

Żubrówka has been a Polish national drink for centuries and a cult favorite internationally for decades. But in the U.S., it's taboo because the Food and Drug Administration prohibits a potentially toxic chemical that occurs naturally in bison grass, coumarin. Until recently, only a few black-market bottles were available, mainly in the Polish neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Chicago.

Bison Grass Vodka is as good as I've had. I think my wife brought it back for us returning from a business trip to Finland.

Great report Walter and crew.
BK.RD.RNR is online now   Reply With Quote