View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
sgio OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Dragon bound from Upstate NY

Well first off, this ride report strikes out on most of the ADV ride report requirements. I didn't take enough pictures. There are no cool shots of the GPS showing the stats at the end of the day. I lost the food pictures from my camera. Maybe worst of all, not a single pic of a state welcome sign.

If you are still reading, I will point out that I am writing this more than 2 months after the trip. We all made it home safe, although someone found out that a Harley soft tail isn't the best tool for off road riding.

This trip started on Facebook. A couple of my high school buddies were going to ride the Dragon. I decided I would tag along! The plan was to meet at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Resort on October 5. Ride for a couple days and then we would all head our separate ways back to our homes.

So I am thinking this should be an easy first solo trip for me. I figure that my brother lives a short day's ride south in Culpeper, Virginia and North Carolina is just a short hop from there! Right? Dang, I shoulda looked at a map before agreeing to join them! I also fooled myself into thinking it would be warm in North Carolina during the 1st week of October. Mistake #2.

One week to go before the trip. The weather is looking great.

I post this up on Facebook and tell everyone that I am psyched about the trip, the weather looks great. Of course, this act prevents any chance of good weather for the weekend!

I do have a cool map to share!

So there are 3 of us meeting for this trip. I am riding my ST1300 down from upstate New York. The other two are meeting me there. One is trailering his bike from Philadelphia and the other is riding from Charlotte.

Next - Southbound
sgio is offline   Reply With Quote