View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #577
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,410
On my adventure, I am trying to maximize fun and minimize pain. I know there are some guys out there riding 2 stroke Russian made motorcycles around the world. And unseizing pistons is part of their adventure. Just riding thru Central America is plenty of adventure for me. Plus I want to hike up mountains and kayak down rivers. That is my kind of adventure. Having a broken motorcycle is not the kind of adventure I want. But I am not silly enough to think that is not a possibly. And in hindsight, it will probably be something I will look back fondly. But I don't want any unexpected expenses repairing the motorcycle. I would rather waste that money on a good bottle of wine or 2.
So yes, the GS is a good bike for me.
One of the days I am going to make a list of its pros and cons and add that to my RR.
But I like your attitude and spirit and hope to hear from you more along the way.
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman67 View Post
With regards to the discussion “is the bmeer too complicated” I say no. My support is the logic that you are on an adventure and part of that adventure is a machine. If you have problems with the machine you deal with it just like having problems with the language or the accommodations or the weather. You may finish this adventure and have a completely new adventure riding the same route on a Ducati or a Honda Transalp. It is a feature of the trip and there is no right or wrong decision. Just my 2 cents. I look forward every day to reading the updates. Keep it up! May the road always be interesting and the saddle forgiving!