View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #30
TinCrow OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Southbound.
Georgia is cold today. I am riding south, hopefully to warmer weather. Aside from my cold, wet boots, im warm and dry with all my gear on. I rode south to Florida. I took a detour to hop on the 10 east. It goes from Santa Monica Beach, California to Atlantic Beach, Florida.
It was a bit anti climactic, but ive often looked at that freeway and wondered what it looked like from the other side. I have now witnessed the end of the 10. Its actually a lot like the other side. There is a shopping mall, with lots of things to buy. Restaurants, Traffic jams and parking lots. Oh yeah and there is one big difference, im looking at the Atlantic Ocean. Im glad to be here.
I rode onto Daytona beach and was greeted by my host Eric from advrider. We had a delicious meal and talked about motorcycles and life for a few hours. A beautiful fox came up to the window while we where talking, its a jungle out there. There are gators across the street, and coral, and rattle snakes in the yard. Although I imagine its a little cold for snakes to be out around here this time of year?. maybe further south.

Lebowski and friend, pose on the Versys.

The end of the 10
TinCrow is offline   Reply With Quote