View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 AM   #13
trustme OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 949
Next race meeting was at Hampton Downs, a completely different type of track. HD undulates , it is technical, it is not such a power track as Puke, turn 1 takes a fair bit of getting used too, it is sort of off camber & over the brow of a rise on the front straight so you can't see the corner when you start to turn in. They say it is a leap of faith, well my faith had well & truly lapsed.
All in all things went pretty well , Winston ran good all weekend. My kids turned up to watch the last race but he got his revenge by getting a flat tyre on the start line so that was a DNS, rats

There was this one time I even got to lead Volty

Winston went to a hillcllimb at Pateatonga, if you ever get a chance to do one grab it. Low key laid back good fun day. Triboy & Kanny showed up for moral support . I had fitted a belt drive & new clutch which was dragging. Lucky Triboy is a mechanic, cheers mate

The final race for the summer was at Taupo, it is a tight little track & was really the first time I started to feel comfortable, still slow but actually managed to pass a couple of guys. It's a very laid back meeting, no entry fee for spectators , fewer riders. This was the first time I started to really get the tyres working. Winston did not burp all weekend, really did not put a spanner near him

The photog seemed to be on strike that weekend , having her mate along distracted her

It takes real effort for Volty to retain that svelte figure

See that bike broken down in the infield. It isn't Winston

Normal transmission has been resumed

The intention was to do the 3 summer meetings the strip Winston down for a looksee, work got in the way so I managed to do very little over winter. I brought some cams & had them reground , I pulled the head off for an overhaul which turned into another tale of woe that I will save for tomorrow.

My wife thinks more time goes into fixing these things than riding them, wives are always right.
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote