View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
leftystrat62 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
So I thought I'd show the equipment/tools/gear that is always in my saddle bags on my DS bike,and will be with me on the TAT. I've always been interested in knowing just what people like to carry,so I will try to document it with pictures that show things in more detail,and will make mention of some things that may not be obvious. Hope this helps.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

I'm pretty sure I'm going to try the mousse tire tube inserts instead of tubes,if that's the case I'll drop the electric (which works great) pump and carry a small hand pump. I'll then only carry one spare tube-not two if I do the Mousse. Probable leave one of the two patch kits at home also.
Photobucket

As a Firefight I feel comfortable knowing what to take in my first aid kit. Just basic stuff I use every day in the streets. Anything more than lacerations and gross bleeding-your screwed. lol
PhotobucketPhotobucket

This bag carries a lot of incidentals

Photobucket

Some of the items:test light,soldering torch,film negative to clean out weeping/leaking fork,SPARE head lamp,floding scissors & tape for roll charts,fire starter,sleeping pad repair kit,water purf. tabs
Photobucket
Photobucket

That silver item in the middle is a "stand" to keep the bike up incase of a flat,and the tow strap is on the far right
Photobucket

Majority of toolsPhotobucket
Photobucket
that is 2 diff. stainless steel wires on dowels,and some solder material above
Photobucket

These are the items in that white pouch on the lft. side of the tool bag. The top lft-grease in an old film canister,some radiator lead stuff,spare radiator hose, blue 3/8 adapter that works with tire iron,that duct tape bag contains an assortment of scrws.etc.
Photobucket

leftystrat62 screwed with this post 12-14-2012 at 03:08 PM
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote