View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #8130
pnw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Yamaha owner's manual link

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
Welcome! Here's a link to Yamaha's website where you can download the owner's manual for a '98 XT225. You'll have to fill in the drop down boxes for "Product Line,"--use Motorcycle, "Year"--use 1998, and model. That's the nearest year to your model. I don't know what the differences are, but I don't think they are too great and should get you started on things like adjusting the rear shock, oil changes, chain tension, etc.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/se....aspx?ls=sport

Good luck.

Here is the link for the free Yamaha owner's manual download, not printable if that matters to you. You can buy printable electronic versions on Ebay and probably from other sellers.

On a seperate note - I got my Shinko 244s, 4.6x18 for rear and 2.75x21 for front. The 4.6 looks significantly wider than the stock 120/80 (at least unmounted). It looks more like the width of the 110/90 on my DR350, this tire size thing is a bit confusing. Anyone think the Shinko 4.10 would be better on the XT, I need a new rear for my DR so I might use the 4.6 on that bike but I see some think 5.1 is better for the DR. I probably will be OK with the 4.6 on the XT but don't wan't too detract from performance on the little 225, jam mud between the tire and swingarm or bog down the handling with a too big tire.
pnw is offline   Reply With Quote