View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #40
bmwktmbill OP
Traveler

Oddometer: 4,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
I have a couple of them sinks here. All I used was a removeable 3-4 gallons water container under the counter. Easy to switch over and most importantly to me....keep clean.Too many years at sea, having a hard time trusting anything out of a tank. And then at first had an electric pump but switched that to a hand pump,simpler and just as effective for my needs.

I see your oven now, they all suffer from the same problem, the heat deflector plate is too thin, may warp even more if you crank up the heat. Then the pizza will not cook evenly. Or pies or.....whatever.

1/4" steel plate bolted on the bottom without plugging the holes....look around at the dump if they let you, that's where I find that kind of stuff and sometimes even "almost" running motorcycles.
OK, I'll check the oven out as soon as I can find a gas cylinder, I'll cook a pizza to test it. I'll look for a piece of steel to fit.

As for the sink, my water tank has a 12V pump. Hope to have drinking water in jugs and washing/toilet water in the tank.

More snow is coming tonight, I moved the rig and moved the scrap.
I am ready even if we get a foot. The RV is still a big piece to me to drive...it's like herding elephants.

I know a toilet is a thread in itself. I have the grey water tank. Thought about turning the old wet toilet unit into a dry more direct deposit type.
Gravity drop.
My goal is nothing electric.
Deeds, what hand water pump did you use for water?

I am a kayaker, thought of using a hand operated bilge pump for the sink and toilet?

bill

The faster it goes the faster it breaks.
And high performance=high maintenance.
Bill Shockley

bmwktmbill screwed with this post 12-14-2012 at 05:11 PM
bmwktmbill is offline   Reply With Quote