View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #4541
serangelc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalklr650 View Post
Hi,
I am traveling around the world on a 2011 KLR650 with my girlfriend. I have just completed Canada, Alaska and the USA 16,000 miles.
In the next few weeks I will be entering Mexico down baja and then traveling down central America to Argentina.
I know the bike will be getting old as we travel so can I buy KLR650 parts in these countries? Can I get tires like the trailmaster and anakee2? What work would I do before I leave even though I am on a low budget? I was thinking my dohicky from eagle mike and maybe the subframe bolt because we are overloading the bike (200 to 300lb of max vehicle weight).
If I am unable to get parts I will have to ship them to a post office but I am worried about shipping times.
Any other travel advice would also be great.
My girlfriend and I are also Canadain and we were hoping to go to Cuba from Mexico by boat for a few months. This could be with our without the bike. Any advice?

Thanks
Alex
In Colombia, there should not be no problem about getting 'usual' spare parts within cities like Medellín or Bogotá... I live in Medellín, if you want to contact me before getting to Colombia. I will be glad to help, if you need.

Samsung GT-I9100 + Tapatalk 2
serangelc is offline   Reply With Quote