View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
HardWorkingDog
Harvey Mushman

Oddometer: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
...I love Baja and I go there all the time...
I can tell. It's been a long time since I've been--the last time I was about 35 years younger, and we were sailing Hobie cats from San Felipe to as far south as we could make in 4 days. Not that far as it turned out, but that's another story.

Quote:
I pretty much stay in Hotels as it is really hard to keep a camp secure if you are not there. Everything comes into the room, including the bike if possible. If not, the bike is chained along with a lock in the disc. While at Mike's I don't bring the bike in the room, I do bring everything off of the bike into my room and lock the bike. Never leave anything unattended and when eating get a table where you can watch your stuff.
Cool. That's all I was looking for. I'm not worried about being "safe"--otherwise I wouldn't be riding two wheels--but just wasn't sure about whether a disc lock and a padlock would be smart or a waste of space. When we're camping we're not planning on going anywhere else. At any rate, it sounds like the kinds of things I'd normally do here in the US.

Next Trip: Divide & Conquer...

"it's a dog's life.............and I love it"
HardWorkingDog is online now   Reply With Quote