View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #98
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
Here is an alternate route to be considered... (not scouted), for the western portion. This takes you through the Black Kettle National Grassland, and by a the Washita Battle Field, then heads more directly towards Glass Mountains... from there it goes to the Salt Plains.
i liked the routing for the most part except out in roger mills county. i worked on that section a bit. I will update the first post with the new master.

EDIT:

Updated first post with new routing on some of the western section. (thanks dadayama) It cuts down some of the mileage and removes the alabaster park, but adds the black kettle national grassland. Also update the SE part of the state to remove some of the highway. Based the SE section route off the current county maps for the area, all should be well grated dirt or gravel with some short pavement in between. Currently i'm looking at ways to improve the section in arkansas. I would like to keep the trail intact up untill the waypoint on this picture, then continue north on gravel or dirt kinda where the red line is.

OKlr screwed with this post 12-15-2012 at 01:22 PM
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote