Hope it lasts longer then the original one for me. Took about 5 months before I got good enough to start breaking stuff when I fall off.
I put a line down the center of the fork brace/fender support and the fender. Marked the fore/aft position I wanted and started drilling.
Because the curve of the fender did not match the curve of the mount their was a gap where the screws go through and....well I was a little off. No biggie as I just made the holes a little oval. Not quite as nice as the original but better than nada.
I did notice that it touches the exhaust when the forks are compressed. I'll find out tomorrow how well it holds up.