View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #354
AlpineGuerrilla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadless View Post
Exhaust condensation.
Exactly. It was outside under a tent the whole summer - be it rain or sunshine. I didn't see any rust in or outside the exhaust so I hope it's okay.

Well I have some more pictures. Here's when I picked her up. It started out with sunshine and about 0C (32F)

But the sun soon left me and I was on roads like this with icy patches and dropping temperatures.

The sun came back

...but only for a short while.

After that I had to cover some miles through the plains and took the Autobahn. The temperatures were now at -6C (21F)

On the way back I went to a small winter motorcycle gathering at a local dealer. There were about 30 people and maybe 10 bikes.

Those who came by bike got a free sausage, a pack of nuts and chocholate - and hot wine punch was free for everyone.

That was two weeks ago. The latest ride was last weekend when I visited my dads. I've only got one shot of the ~1 hour ride - it's at the village bridge when the sun came out for a few minutes. I love the sun illuminating snow.

Well I have to say I really like the Transalp. It rides extremely smooth, got some impressive torque for its 40PS and is very willing to start. I left her outside when I stayed overnight at my dads place and when I wanted to start her the next day after a night with temperatures below -10C (14F) I noticed the choke cable snapped. The Transalp started after about one minute of retrying every few seconds without Choke. Impressive!
AlpineGuerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote