View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #11989
rockymountainoyster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 978
In Country

In Mexico now. The border crossing at Puerto Palomas was a cinch... half hour or less for both imigracion and Banjercito. There is plenty of parking right in front of the Banjercito trailer/office. No hassles from anyone. Super nice lady at the money exchange across the street. 12.9/pesos/dollar, no fee. As I was fumbling with my peel off permit sticker (my hands are totally f'd with arthritis) a nice elderly man showed me how easy it was to peel it and he asked for nothing for the favor, I tipped him nonetheless. There was no line going in at 12:00 but a pretty big line up of trucks and cars going out. The ride down to Nuevo Casas Grandes is mostly a good but rough asphalt road. The trucks haul ass! The wind and cold were a challenge and I was glad to hit NCG at around 3:30. Great staff here at the Hacienda hotel... learned that moto is slang for a joint... didn't know that... it was fun to yuck it up with the staff on a slow Saturday night. Also found out that the two 100 peso coins (1991) I had been hoarding for God knows how long are now worthless, gave them to the front desk clerk for his ninos. Love this place!
rockymountainoyster is offline   Reply With Quote