View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #3125
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
There is nothing locked on the husaberg ecu's... they just come with a stock map that can be changed by the dealer. Mine was changed to the "race" map by the dealer for free, but I have heard of folks being charged as much as $100 bucks for it. The new KTM street legal 500 and 350 are truly "locked" and reportedly the dealer cant even unlock them.. a condition imposed by CARB.

If it is a new bike make sure they pull the fuel pump and ensure it has the new pump... brown topped...or green?

And that they have done the recall work on the fuel filters and the triple trees.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
What is wrong with the triple clamps? I was aware of the fuel filter recall but after the B.S. I went thru with my dealer charging me labor after checking out a brand new bike with power loss problems I am very hesitant to ever take it back to them. The owner eventually dropped the charges and I still ride there but I refuse to ever buy a part from them and their company stickers have been removed from my bike. They aren't getting free advertising from me!

Hope it isn't a major issue cause I would hate to have to find another dealer to do the recall work.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote