View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #11990
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainoyster View Post
In Mexico now. The border crossing at Puerto Palomas was a cinch... half hour or less for both imigracion and Banjercito. There is plenty of parking right in front of the Banjercito trailer/office. No hassles from anyone. Super nice lady at the money exchange across the street. 12.9/pesos/dollar, no fee. As I was fumbling with my peel off permit sticker (my hands are totally f'd with arthritis) a nice elderly man showed me how easy it was to peel it and he asked for nothing for the favor, I tipped him nonetheless. There was no line going in at 12:00 but a pretty big line up of trucks and cars going out. The ride down to Nuevo Casas Grandes is mostly a good but rough asphalt road. The trucks haul ass! The wind and cold were a challenge and I was glad to hit NCG at around 3:30. Great staff here at the Hacienda hotel... learned that moto is slang for a joint... didn't know that... it was fun to yuck it up with the staff on a slow Saturday night. Also found out that the two 100 peso coins (1991) I had been hoarding for God knows how long are now worthless, gave them to the front desk clerk for his ninos. Love this place!
Welcome to Mexico RMO. BTW, the slang is "mota", not "moto".
miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote