View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #16
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsquatch View Post
Besides having a good attitude the biggest thing going for him was his age. No one wants to write grandpa a ticket.
must be the fact that I have great grandchildren that has been a halo around my helmet

I've received warnings a half dozen times for speeds in excess of a ton, and none of them were on the highway, all in 30-40mph zones

one time it went like this (on a group ride 5 other riders all on liter bikes I was on a nekid SV650, we had pulled into a small parking lot and were taking our helmets off to discuss our route when a leo pulled in behind us )

"Alright boys, I know your dressed for it, but this is not a race track, I had you going 85 in a 30 when you went out of my radar range and I know you were going a hell of a lot faster than that"(My speedo on the SV was clearing 115 and the liter bikes war ½mile + ahead of me prolly closer to 150 maybe faster than that) then pointing his finger at me " YOU, twice in one week, ya gotta slow down" I had received a warning for 55 (managed to slow from 80± when my radar detector sounded) in the same 30mph zone form the same leo just 3 days earlier
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is offline   Reply With Quote