View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #3129
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
What my dealer told me, and also what I've read is, before any other map can be loaded in, the ecu has to be unlocked (plugged into Husaberg tool, phoned back to HQ, unlocked). Once unlocked, any map can be loaded, and never needs to be unlocked again.

Even though the tool is same as KTM, I don't think any KTM dealer can do it since they won't have a Husaberg account for the phone home. A lot of Husa dealers are also KTM, so that won't be that much of a problem.
Interesting.. that is the exact opposite of what my dealer told me...he is a KTM an Husa dealer up in MA. Didnt charge me for the change in maps because he said it was so simple.. plug in the computer.. change the map. Very specifically told me that it was easier than KTM, and that the new KTM's couldnt be unlocked.. but as seen above, that part seems to have changed in the 10 months since he told me that.