View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #56
Unleaded OP
Unit Train

Oddometer: 738
Apologies for bumping my own thread - thought I'd respond to a few requests I received regarding info on fuel mileage for the VFR12. Enjoyed some decent weather in the low 50's today, but forecast is ugly, so I took the opportunity to put another 100 miles on it.

Tank was full when I picked it up from the dealer, and odo showed 118.2 on fill up. Put in 3.19 gallons...so first results are around 37 mpg. Most of that was NOT really hard riding, though I did have plenty of short runs to redline on the straights. There were probably 20 miles of "around-town", stop and go riding, and 25 miles of 80 MPH slab riding. The rest was on back roads at a mostly moderate pace...slowed in places early in the ride by wet pavement.

Didn't stop for too many pics, but did take a few at a park close to home...and a
few more along the same deserted road along which the last pics I posted were taken. Still just smartphone pics, but lighting was better today, and I think the pics show the lines of the bike as they appear in person a little more clearly.

Bike has right at 3000 miles on it now, so hopefully the mileage will get better - or at least not decrease too much. A theoretical range of 180 isn't bad, if it holds up, IMO.

Unleaded screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 01:23 PM
Unleaded is online now   Reply With Quote