View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #458
farnorth1
farnorth

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadog View Post
Agree with that. I love mine, and will be mail ordering some stuff from A Vicious Cycle over the winter - guards and centre stand, maybe some luggage. I have a 2005 KLR and for most of what I do, the Versys 1000 would do it better. Think I noted earlier that it might just replace the KLR and my 2003 FZ1, but not my KLX400R. Two bikes in one for sure!

The Ducati MS gets good reviews, and I'm sure is more sophisticated, for sure more hip, but the V1000 gets the job done for a bit more than half the price. Hard to beat that if cost is any concern at all.
I just noticed you are from the yukon, I was up there for June this year, what a great place. I thought of the Yukon when I bought the versys 1000 and if there was anywhere I would not go that I took my klr to and I was up the dempster a ways and it would of been no problem on the versys. The only thing that would sway my purchase up there is the great Yamaha dealer you have in Whitehorse. They gave me great service while I was there...
I would love ducati ms too..just to park in my livingroom for the winter to look at
farnorth1 is offline   Reply With Quote