View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #3367
WayneJ
LFC/CCCCC

Oddometer: 4,910
I had to go to SW DC to get it 2 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJ View Post
Egg has been rescued from 12th & D St SW, D.C. and is back in MD.

Grab photos as soon as I get them out of the camera and uploaded.

Damn I hate big cities and their one way frigging streets.

Round and round and round we go....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After missing the exit off I 395 S, going over the Potomac, driving around the Pentagon, going across Arlington Memorial Bridge, going by the Lincoln Memorial, up Constitution Ave to 12th, figuring out how to go around the Mall and get back on 12th, I finally got to D St SW. I didn't see the tag spot until after I went by it,(D St is a one way street going away from the tag.) I made the left after the tracks and that put me back on I 395 S.

So... after crossing the Potomac again I managed to get on the GW Memorial Pkwy this time, crossed the Memorial Bridge again, went around the other side of the Lincoln Memorial, got on Independence Ave and took a right on 12th. When I got to D St, I couldn't figure out how to get into the construction area. So I kept going straight this time and ended up at a red light on Maine Ave at 9th. I then figured I needed to hang a uby. After surveying the area for cops(u turns in DC are illegal) I decided to go for it. I roll up on the red light at 12th & D, going in the other direction this time, still trying to figure out how I'm going to get in the construction area when I see the ramp in the side walk and I'm in.

And I really do hate big cities!

In line with the tracks is the Capitol dome. Bike is on the far left.

The Egg will be in my possession again very shortly.
There is no odometer when it comes to pie - VACommuter
20% credit Smug Mug coupon

WayneJ screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 04:27 PM
WayneJ is offline   Reply With Quote