Thread: 2013 Yamaha FJR
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #157
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKLD View Post
I just put a deposit on the 2013 FJR after 20+ years away from biking. I rode a 1956 Panhead hardtail with 10" over Durfee girder front-end for many years. I'm a bit older now (mature ), and find that a long distant tourer appeals to me now. Somewhat apprehensive about riding again, I'm also very excited about getting on the road with two wheels.

I look forward to sharing my impressions about this bike, and learning many things from all of you here.
It looks like a great bike and I'm sure you'll have a blast!

When I re-entered two wheel riding 15 years ago, after a 15 year absence, I went with a bigger bike than I had ever ridden. I wish I had taken a riding course for returning riders at the same time. I didn't and muddled through, surprised at how much rust I'd gathered.

I've had tons of bikes since, lots of track days, plenty of off road, several experienced rider racing/dirt/adventure courses and ridden many, many miles. I'm a pretty good rider. But it would have been easier I think, when I first returned, if I'd done some training.

My 2 cents.

Regardless, have fun! It will be the beginning of great times!

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is online now   Reply With Quote