View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #3134
FamilyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
MT43 trials tire fit

I am new to this forum, but not to Husaberg or other forums (DeeG on some other sites).

I have been using Dunlop D606 on my 2010 FE450, but it is time to replace them. I have a new Pirelli MT43 rear ready to mount along with a Tubliss set. I have read posts about the fit being tight and sometimes wearing a hole in the mud guard. It seems that some people have issues, while others do not. It also seems that the chain length may be different for different model years.

I really like the stock gearing (13/52 I think), but I haven't really tried anything else. Going to the larger MT43 will gear it up slightly.

I think the 2010 stock chain is 118 rolls. I have read posts of people solving the mud guard rubbing problem by going to a longer chain, but no one specifies the size. What size chain will solve the rubbing problem but not be too long to get the proper slack in the chain?

What type of chain is stock? I haven't yet sorted this all out - I have never had to mess with chains before. I would appreciate it if someone can give me a chain part number to buy.

Thanks,
FamilyRider is offline   Reply With Quote