View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #46
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyT View Post
Hi CD, Billigan, GoGordy, and Barnone. Thanks!
I wasn't comparing a Lance to a 300cc bike. I just used this picture because it was nice. This bike is actually $6,000...
I think you were when you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyT
If I were a buyer today who wanted that retro "Vespa" look, I would look at a Lance Cali Classic over a Vespa...
People who want a Vespa don't just want the "look" they want the quality and resale. First Vespa I bought was a used ET 4. I sold it 3 years later for $200 less than I paid for it. That same scooter now 8 years old is still worth almost 2/3rds of its original price. I know the current owner and what she has been offered by someone who wants to buy it. I could sell my GTS tomorrow for about $2,000 less than what I paid for it out the door from the Vespa dealership including title, tax and license five years ago.

I see 6 month old off brand scooters regularly on craigs list that they are trying to sell and when they do go it is for less than half what the new purchase price was if the scoot is running well and hasn't been dropped.

You seriously need to do more market research into scooter riders and who exactly is your target market along with the demographics of the area you intend to open a shop. If your target market really is people with incomes over $100,000k they will demand quality. If you are going to target students and others where low entry price is paramount make sure that you can do enough volume and make enough income from maintenance to pay your mechanic and make a living.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote