View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #1436
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb View Post
Jesusgatos - Thanks for the feedback on the tool, sounds like you've worked with it awhile. As posted above I was looking for feedback on how it handles the adapter nestling in the ratchet mechanism. Does the adapter constantly pop loose when installing an extension and/or socket on the 1/4" drive adapter? I have visions of fumbling about all the time with the damn adapter coming loose from the ratchet mechanism. It looks like just a friction fit into the ratchet mechanism. Is this true? If so does it come loose often? I have never seen anyone post regarding this concern so maybe its a non issue but I would love some clarification. Thanks.
The 1/4" drive adapter does have a spring-clip that holds the adapter in place, and it's much more of a positive engagement than something like the magnetic hex-bit drivers. Still, it's about 50/50 as far as which pulls apart first (socket/extension or the 1/4" drive adapter). Hasn't been anything more than a minor inconvenience, but would be pretty easy to make that more of a semi-permanent fit if it bothers you.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote