Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #26596
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
As long as the bike isn't swinging back and forth, you shouldn't have any problems with the cables. What problems you're going to have are scratches in the paint from the pressure/friction when you're hanging the bike that way.

I've got 4 of 5 of my bikes hung the same way. I just don't particularly worry about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
That hook dealio is rubber coated. And, I've seen it listed for hanging bicycles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
the hook is but the frame's not

M
Thanks for the further replies gents.

Yeah, there is a nice foam on the forks of the wall mounted rack. I am not overly worried about scratches on frame, but again, it is a brand new bike so I'll avoid what scratches I can.

I did not give it too much investigation, but it looks like it might not be that hard to unclip those two lines where they hook to frame, towards front, and let them hang down when on wall rack. Not that big a deal to hook those back up again when I take it down to ride.

Would there be any kind of line tension issues I might have to deal with??( in other words, would I mess up any of the shifter settings by taking that line on and off for storage?)
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure begins.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote