Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #26600
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
The PITA factor alone would have me recommending that you don't do that.

Its easy to do if you want to: for the rear der, shift to the small cog (physical size) and with the shifter in that position push the derailleur back to the big cog. (physical size) That's gonna give you enough room to get the housing out of the stops.

The worst you're gonna do is get the ferrules not seated exactly where they were. That may/may not be a problem when you start riding again: der into the spokes or off the end of the cassette on the small end if the limit screws weren't set right, or shifting problems. The der off either side of the cassette can be catastrophic. AMHIK

M
Full housing; just snip the cable ties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
I'm gonna leave my GPS home next time and just enjoy the trails without worrying about my Strava records.
I always take my GPS, just in case. It was particularly handy down there, as I could see where we were at in relation to trailheads. We managed to drink all of my 100oz of water, between water points. As you know, not all the Santos trailheads have water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
That's not a bad idea. How much do those parts cost?
Depends on the bike and components. The hanger might be $10-$20 and the derailluer could be as much as $250. Your hanger may have a part number on it, if not, look here and find the QBP part number. That'll save you from having to deal with a shop employee fumbling around trying to find a match.
ducnut is online now   Reply With Quote