View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #1600
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaw777 View Post
How many are using these?
I am thinking of ordering a set for the bike, but not sure what size to order, a little help please
Thanks
Rimlocks are based on rim WIDTH....look on the bead of the rim....on the front you'll either have 1.6 or 1.85 somewhere...on the rear I think it'll have a 2.15 somewhere.....and of course there should be a hole with a little rubber nipple in each rim generally about opposite the valve stem.....if not...you have to drill a hole in the rim....AND it's a good idea to re-balance the assembly after installing it because at 60 or so you'll feel the out-of-balance....or the easier way i use is to get a roll of solid core solder....you'll need at least 4 ounces...weigh each rim lock + nut, then calculate the LENGTH of solder that will give you the correct weight = each lock...then wrap that solder around 1 or more spokes, with a little electrical or duct tape over the top....or buy fancier wheel weights at Harbor Freight, Aerostich, or maybe motion pro.

Yeah..right...what Lost Rider said!! But rim locks are a help if you run LOW pressures off road like 10 to 15 psi...and of course are a BIG help if you get a flat and have to limp out of the woods...sloooowly!
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote