View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #1440
ravenranger
rave

Oddometer: 1,523
+1

Biggest issues ever encountered in thousands of miles of riding were:

flat tire (had repair kit and method of inflation to at least get to the next little town)

rattled out bolts (had zip ties to temporarily re-secure)

improperly installed shift lever that had flattened the splines on the shifter rod (on a bike that I was considering buying and took out for a test ride out in the boonies solo - did NOT have my usual assortment of tools - no cell service - fortunately I had my multitool with me and was able to make a temporary pin out of a piece of wire that I found discarded by the side of the road)

busted lever (visegrips to the rescue)

broken clutch cable (pop-shifting to the rescue - thank god it had an e-button for dealing with stop lights)

adjusting chain (that one was actually an issue bc I'd just had new tires put on and the "mechanic" that put the rear wheel on MASSIVELY over-torqued the axle nut - ended up hobbling into a little town and had to borrow a torch to get the bugger loose - should have checked it before I left on the trip even though I told the guy to not over-torque - that's what I get for being lazy and not doing the tires myself)

an interior oil seal blow out (didn't matter what tools I had, it wasn't going anywhere at that point - yeah for extended warranty and towing)
ravenranger is offline   Reply With Quote