View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #28
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
Every year about this time I get the desire to trade in or sell my current bike and buy a new, bigger fancier bike....

I think this comes from not being able to ride for 4 months.

My current bike is an 09 Versys that set up well for light touring. Its a great bike but has its limitations. Not the greatest for two up riding ( the wife doesn't feel comfortable on it) and I wouldn't mind a bit more power. The plus side its pretty much fully farkled....and the biggy, its fully paid for...has been for over a year.

So the internal struggle....sell it and get a bigger bike that needs to be farlked plus a payment. Or keep what I got...
In the past the wallet wins out and I don't buy anything...although last year I bought a used KLR to play with...( I know what some will say....sell that one, but Kermit has won my heart so I'm keeping that one)

I realize the only person who can answer it is me but I figure I'm not the only one going through this struggle.
Build a turbo kit for it. It'll be a fun project and the power hit will be insane...'wheelies in the first 6 gears.

What makes it uncomfortable for 2up? Widen the passenger seat, lengthen it, and add some foam. Lower the passenger pegs.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote