Thread: 2013 Yamaha FJR
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #160
LKLD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Thanks Everyone.

Thanks for the advice and tips, as I'm a sponge right now about all things concerned with riding. I have vacation next week, so I had already planned to take the basic riding course, just to get the feel again if nothing else. I did ride my son's Harley from the shop to his house a couple of years ago, but that's been about it, as my wife isn't too keen on bikes. I'm trying to be careful, and take it slow and easy.

Speaking of that, I figured that when I pick it up at the dealership I would put it in "tour mode", in hopes that it wouldn't have an abrupt throttle response. That way I might find it easier to take off w/o any issues. I sure don't want to screw the pooch the first day!

I expect my boots and helmet Wednesday, but haven't got the jacket/pants,or gloves yet. I should have at least a few weeks before I can pick it up, so will get those next.

Speaking of gear, has anyone here ever used, or know someone who has used, "motorama.it" ? They have Clover gear much cheaper than the British sites, and that is my first choice. Just not sure about overseas ordering, even though they rate well as a website (security, etc..).

Again, thank you all for your help....I really do appreciate it.
LKLD is offline   Reply With Quote